135 dengue deaths since last January | News

Author

Categories

Share


F or the period January 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019, there were 135 suspected and confirmed dengue related deaths, according to Health Minister Dr Christopher Tufton.

He said that 47 deaths were reported in 2018, while 88 occurred in 2019. Of that number, he said 10 occured last month.

“Since January 2019, the ministry has intensified its dengue prevention and control activities, with further intensification in July and again in September. Response activities involved strengthening surveillance case management and vector control management. The vector control management strategy includes strengthening human resource capacity and supporting efforts to decrease the the Aedes Aegypti mosquito island wide,” he said.

Tufton said that more than 20 health centres and clinics islandwide continue to operate under extended work hours, until 10 p.m., to accomodate persons and free up space in emergency units at public hospitals.



Source for this article

Author

Share

Don't be Badmind!

Share the news with your friends - Takes only 1 second!
close-link
Close